Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cakepops!



Cakepops are literally popping up all over the place. Four years ago, no one even knew what they were...and now...they are EVERYWHERE.

Out of the thousands of cakepops I've made, I think that these are my favorite. Strawberry cake, molded into the shape of a strawberry.  Which is not as easy as you may think. Hm.


            I refrigerated them until they were firm enough to handle, then dipped them in red candy melts.



Then I dunked the tops in dark chocolate.



I tinted some white fondant green and punched out some leaves......


Then I attached the leaves to the bottom of the pops with a little candy melt "glue".


Dots of dark chocolate "seeds"....



.....and Poof!  

You're a Chocolate Covered Strawberry!



Happy Valentine's Day!

9 comments:

americanretro said...

Of all of the cakepops "popping" up everywhere none compare to yours!!

Anne said...

Thanks Baaabs!

Angela said...

I absolutely love these! Perfect!

EDNurseasauras said...

Love these! You are my cakepop inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Thank you a lot for providing individuals with an extraordinarily memorable opportunity to check tips from here. It's usually so pleasing and packed with amusement for me personally and my office acquaintances to search your website a minimum of 3 times per week to study the fresh things you have got. And indeed, we're certainly impressed concerning the good advice served by you. Certain 4 tips in this article are in fact the very best I have had.
Salice 3/4'' Overlay, Face Frame Hinge Kit for Pie-Corner Cabinets

Deborah @ Snackers Delight said...

These are so sweet, as in precious! I'm not a fan of strawberries, but I can see myself making these for a friend. Thanks for sharing! :D

Unknown said...

These are fantastic! So glad to find your site! Definitely will share your link with my readers!

hugs! Kim @ Party Frosting!

IGrow-Leafit The Sharing Queen said...

emekscomI just love what you did with those cake pops for Valentines.They have to be the cutest ones I have seen. Thank you for sharing.

Aunt Grace said...

YOU ARE SO CLEVER I CANNOT STAND IT.What is the next thing you are going to cover with choclate. Oh if only I had the time. Ha even if I did!!!! You really are the cake pop queen.